Fix: COD Black Ops 3 Split Screen Not Working: Are you ready to team up with a friend and take on the action-packed world of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3? Split screen gaming is an exciting feature that allows you to enjoy the game alongside a buddy, doubling the fun and intensity. However, sometimes split screen may not work as expected, leaving players scratching their heads in frustration. But fear not! In this guide, we will walk you through some simple steps to fix COD Black Ops 3 split screen not working issue so that you can get back into the action with your gaming partner in no time. So grab your controllers and let’s dive right in!
Does Black Ops 3 Have Split Screen Support?
Table of Contents
If you’re wondering whether Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 supports split screen gaming, the answer is a resounding yes! This thrilling installment in the popular franchise offers players the option to team up with a friend or family member and dive into the action side by side. Split screen allows two players to play on the same console, sharing one screen and experiencing all the heart-pounding moments together.
So gather your friends, grab those controllers, and prepare for an unforgettable gaming session filled with epic battles, intense firefights, and memorable moments as you conquer both zombies and adversaries alike. Get ready to unleash chaos together because split-screen support in Black Ops 3 is here to make your co-op dreams come true!
Fix COD Black Ops 3 Split Screen Not Working
In this comprehensive guide, we dive deep into solving the common problem that many gamers face while trying to enjoy COD Black Ops 3 in split-screen mode. We provide exhaustive steps to troubleshoot and potentially fix this issue on various platforms.
1. Connect Dual Controllers
One of the first things to check when troubleshooting split screen not working in COD Black Ops 3 is whether both controllers are properly connected. This may seem like a simple step, but it’s essential for the game to recognize and register both controllers.
- Ensure Controller Connection:
- Turn on both controllers.
- Verify if the device recognizes them.
- Access Multiplayer Screen:
- Navigate to the in-game multiplayer screen.
- Check for ‘Split Screen’ Option:
- Look for the ‘split screen’ option.
- If visible, proceed with the second controller.
- If not visible, consider restarting your game and device.
Following these steps will help you determine if the split-screen option is available and functioning for your multiplayer gaming experience.
If you’ve followed these steps and still have issues with split screen not working in COD Black Ops 3, move on to the next troubleshooting solution.
2. Restart the Gaming Device
One of the simplest and most effective solutions to try when you encounter split screen issues in COD Black Ops 3 is to restart your gaming device. Yes, it may sound like a cliché troubleshooting step, but you’d be surprised at how often a simple reboot can fix various technical glitches.
- Restart your gaming device, be it a PC or Console.
- This might resolve any temporary system hiccups.
In some cases, a quick restart can do wonders in resolving split screen issues in COD Black Ops 3. However, if this solution doesn’t work for you, don’t worry! There are plenty of other troubleshooting steps worth exploring to get that split screen gameplay up and running smoothly again.
3. Check the 2nd Person is Not Logged In
To ensure that split screen mode works properly in COD Black Ops 3, it is important to check if the second person is not already logged in. This may seem like a simple step, but it can often be overlooked and result in split screen not functioning correctly.
For Xbox users, it’s crucial to follow these steps to set up split-screen gaming in COD: Black Ops 3:
- Solo Player Login:
- Make sure only the primary player is logged into COD: Black Ops 3.
- Second Controller Off:
- Ensure the second controller is powered off.
- Main Account Login:
- Log in using the main account.
- Game Launch:
- Launch the game.
- Activate Second Player Controller:
- Turn on the second player controller.
- Choose Xbox Profile:
- Opt for the desired Xbox profile for the second player.
- Verify Split-Screen Functionality:
- Check if the split-screen is functioning as expected.
Following these steps will help you successfully set up split-screen gaming in COD: Black Ops 3 on Xbox.
By taking this quick step of checking for additional logins or controllers connected, you can eliminate any potential issues causing split screen to malfunction. Remember that even small oversights like this can have a big impact on your gaming experience!
4. Power Cycle the Console
One of the simple yet effective troubleshooting steps to fix COD Black Ops 3 split screen not working is power cycling your gaming console. Power cycling can help refresh the system and resolve any temporary glitches that may be causing the issue.
- Completely shut down your console.
- Detach the power cable.
- After waiting for about 5 minutes, reconnect the power cable.
- Power up the console and see if the split screen problem persists.
Remember, if this method doesn’t solve your split screen problem in COD Black Ops 3, don’t worry! There are still several other solutions we’ll explore in this article to help you get back to enjoying multiplayer action with friends or family members. Stay tuned!
5. Update the COD Black Ops 3 Game
Updating the COD Black Ops 3 game is a crucial step in resolving split screen issues. Game updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements that can address compatibility problems with split screen mode.
- Launch Steam.
- Go to your Library.
- Select COD Black Ops 3.
- Follow any prompts to update the game if an update is available.
- Navigate to the Home screen.
- Highlight COD Black Ops 3.
- Select the “Check for Update” option to see if updates are available.
- Navigate to My Games and Apps.
- Choose Manage.
- Select Updates.
- If an update for COD Black Ops 3 is available, you can update it from here.
Frequently checking for updates ensures that you have the latest patches and fixes, which can address split-screen issues and improve overall game performance.
Remember, updating your COD Black Ops 3 game can help ensure that you have access to all of its latest features and optimizations while also potentially fixing any split screen issues you may encounter along the way
6. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
If your split screen feature is still not working in Call of Duty Black Ops 3, another troubleshooting step you can try is verifying the integrity of game files. This process checks for any corrupted or missing game files that may be causing the issue.
- Launch Steam.
- Go to your Library.
- Right-click on COD Black Ops 3.
- Select “Properties.”
- In the Properties window, go to the “Local Files” tab.
- Click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
- Steam will then check and repair any corrupted or missing files.
For Battle.net (Blizzard):
- Launch Battle.net.
- Select COD Black Ops 3 from your list of games.
- Click on the “Options” menu.
- Choose “Scan and Repair.”
- Battle.net will scan the game files and repair any issues it finds.
Verifying the integrity of game files or scanning for repairs can resolve many gameplay problems caused by corrupted or missing game data, ensuring a smoother gaming experience.
By verifying the integrity of game files, you eliminate one potential cause for split screen not working in COD Black Ops 3 and increase your chances of getting back into action with a fully functional split-screen experience!
7. Try Reinstalling Multiplayer Packs
If you’re experiencing issues with split screen not working in COD Black Ops 3, one potential solution is to try reinstalling the multiplayer packs. Sometimes, certain files or data related to split screen functionality can become corrupted or missing, causing the feature to malfunction.
- Go to the Xbox dashboard.
- Navigate to “Settings.”
- Select “My Apps & Games.”
- Choose “Games.”
- Locate COD Black Ops 3 and highlight it.
- Press the “Menu” button on your controller (the one with three horizontal lines).
- Select “Manage Game and Add-ons.”
- Unselect all multiplayer packs.
- Choose the relevant Multiplayer Packs that you want to reinstall and uninstall them.
- After uninstalling, reinstall the missing multiplayer packs.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Select “Storage.”
- Choose “Console Storage.”
- Scroll down to “Games and Apps” and find Call of Duty: Black Ops 3.
- Access the “Manage” menu for the game.
- Select and uninstall the Multiplayer Packs that you suspect are corrupted.
- After uninstalling, check the game’s functionality.
- If needed, reinstall the multiplayer packs that you uninstalled.
Reinstalling multiplayer packs can help resolve issues related to corrupted game data and improve split-screen functionality in COD Black Ops 3 on your respective console.
8. Set Steam Controller Settings
Setting the Steam controller settings correctly can help resolve issues with split screen not working in COD Black Ops 3. Here are some steps you can take to adjust these settings:
- Launch Steam and switch to Big Picture Mode (you can do this by clicking the controller icon in the top right corner of the Steam client).
- In Big Picture Mode, go to your Library.
- Find COD Black Ops 3 in your library and select it.
- In the game’s menu, choose “Manage Game.”
- In the Manage Game menu, select “Controller Options.”
- Here, you can adjust the “Steam Input Per-Game Settings” as needed to match your preferred controller settings for COD Black Ops 3.
Customizing the controller settings in Steam can help optimize your gaming experience, especially when playing games like COD Black Ops 3 in split-screen mode.
9. Update the Controller Driver
Updating the controller driver is another potential solution if you’re experiencing issues with split screen not working in COD Black Ops 3. The controller driver acts as a communication bridge between your gaming device and the controllers, so ensuring that it is up to date is essential.
- Access Device Manager:
- Right-click on the Start menu button and select “Device Manager” from the context menu.
- Locate Your Controller Driver:
- In Device Manager, expand the category labeled “Sound, video and game controllers.”
- Update the Driver:
- Right-click on your controller driver (it may be listed with the controller’s name) and choose “Update Driver.”
- Follow the On-Screen Instructions:
- Follow the on-screen instructions to search for and install any available updates for your controller driver.
Keeping your controller driver up to date is important for ensuring that your controller functions properly and that you have the latest features and compatibility improvements.
10. Enable Controller Configuration
To fix the issue of split screen not working in COD Black Ops 3, one potential solution is to enable controller configuration. This step can help ensure that both controllers are recognized and functioning properly during split screen gameplay.
Enabling controller configuration allows you to customize various settings and options for your controllers. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Launch Steam:
- Open the Steam client on your computer.
- Access Steam Settings:
- Click on “Steam” in the top-left corner of the Steam client.
- Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to Controller Settings:
- In the Settings window, go to the “Controller” section on the left sidebar.
- Enable Configuration Support:
- Under “General Controller Configuration,” check the box labeled “Enable Steam Input.”
Enabling Steam Input allows you to customize and configure your controller settings for various games within Steam, which can be especially useful for improving your gaming experience when using controllers, including when playing games in split-screen mode.
By enabling controller configuration, you give yourself more control over how your controllers interact with the game. This can help resolve any issues related to split screen functionality and improve overall gameplay experience.
Remember, each gaming platform might have different menus or options for enabling controller configurations, so be sure to consult the relevant documentation or support resources if needed.
11. Ensure Split Screen is Enabled for Gamepad
To ensure that split screen is enabled for the gamepad in COD Black Ops 3, follow these steps:
- Launch the Game:
- Start the game you want to play in split-screen mode.
- Access Gamepad Settings:
- Look for a menu or settings option related to gamepad or controller settings within the game. This location may vary depending on the game.
- Navigate to Controller/Gamepad Settings:
- Inside the game’s settings or options menu, find the section related to controller or gamepad settings.
- Check for Split-Screen Activation:
- In the controller or gamepad settings, check the bottom of the screen or within the settings options to ensure that split-screen mode is enabled or activated.
These steps should help you confirm whether split-screen mode is active within the game you are playing. The exact location and wording of the settings may vary from game to game, so consult the game’s documentation or support resources if you have trouble finding this option.
12. Disable Steam Input
If you’re experiencing issues with split screen not working in COD Black Ops 3, disabling Steam Input might just do the trick. Steam Input is a feature that allows you to customize and configure your controllers for better gameplay. However, sometimes it can interfere with split screen functionality.
To resolve controller issues in COD Black Ops 3 on Steam, you can try disabling Steam Input by following these steps:
- Launch Steam:
- Open the Steam client on your computer.
- Access Your Game Library:
- Click on “Library” in the top-left corner of the Steam client.
- Right-Click on COD Black Ops 3:
- Locate COD Black Ops 3 in your game library.
- Right-click on it to open the context menu.
- Access Game Properties:
- In the context menu, select “Properties.”
- Go to Controller Settings:
- In the Properties window, go to the “Controller” tab.
- Disable Steam Input:
- Look for an option to disable Steam Input.
- Check the box or toggle the setting to disable it.
- Save and Launch:
- Save your changes, and then launch COD Black Ops 3 to see if the controller issue is resolved.
Disabling Steam Input can sometimes help with compatibility issues between the Steam controller configuration and the game. If the issue persists, you can re-enable Steam Input following the same steps.
13. Launch Steam in Big Picture Mode
One of the possible solutions to fix COD Black Ops 3 split screen not working issue is by launching Steam in Big Picture Mode. This mode provides a user-friendly and optimized interface for playing games on your PC.
14. Contact Activision Support
If none of the previous solutions have worked for you, it may be time to reach out to Activision Support for further assistance. While troubleshooting can be frustrating, don’t worry! The support team is there to help you get back into split screen action as quickly as possible.
To contact Activision Support, visit their official website and navigate to the support section.
- Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Servers Unreachable Error
- Best Chess Royale Deck for Clash Royale
- How To Access NBA 2K24 Brickley’s Gym?
- How to Fix Baldur’s Gate 3: Cannot Join/Host Multiplayer Games
In this article, we have explored various troubleshooting steps to fix the issue of split screen not working in COD Black Ops 3. While it can be frustrating when you are unable to enjoy the game with your friends or family, these solutions should help you get back on track and start playing together in no time.
Remember to connect both controllers properly and ensure that the second person is not already logged in. Restarting your gaming device and power cycling the console can also resolve any temporary glitches. Make sure to update your game to the latest version and verify the integrity of game files for a smooth experience.
If all else fails, try reinstalling multiplayer packs and adjusting Steam controller settings. Updating your controller driver or enabling controller configuration may also solve the problem. Additionally, don’t forget to check if split screen is enabled for gamepad usage and consider disabling Steam Input if necessary.
If none of these solutions work for you, it’s always a good idea to reach out to Activision Support for further assistance. They have dedicated professionals who can provide personalized guidance based on your specific situation.
Now that you are armed with these troubleshooting tips, go ahead and dive back into the thrilling world of COD Black Ops 3 split screen gameplay! Gather your friends or family members around, master those intense battles together, and create unforgettable gaming memories.