Root Poco X3 and Unlock Bootloader: Back when Poco F1 has launched, it has taken over the world because of its features to the price. It offered an excellent camera, decent build, flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, and full-day battery all at around 300 USD. Fans are waiting for the successor ever since and the company has announced Poco F2 Pro, Poco X2, and a few other devices. Talking about the Poco X2, it is considered as the successor to Poco F1 for some time, but with a much lower-powered SoC.
The recently launched Poco X3 though, is a substantial upgrade over its predecessor and the competition. Poco X3 is the most affordable device with a 120 Hz display refresh rate and flagship range cameras. The only let down with Poco X3 has to be its display. Regardless of all that, in this guide, let us discuss how to root Poco X3 and Unlock Bootloader easily. But before we start, let us take a look at Poco X3 specifications and features, shall we?
Poco X3 Specifications
Poco X3 was launched in the month of September 2020. The device features a 6.67-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The aspect ratio of this display is 20:9 and the screen to body ratio stands at 85.16%, thanks to the punch-hole display notch. The pixel density here is 395 PPI and the devices boast a 120Hz display refresh rate which is an upgrade from 90 Hz found on its predecessor.
Under the hood, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G SoC. Adreno 618 handles the graphic duties here. Snapdragon 732G is a fast mid-range SoC that integrates eight cores divided into two clusters. Fast performance clusters here contains two ARM Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.3 GHz each and a power efficiency cluster with six small ARM Cortex-A55 cores up to 1.8 GHz each. The device comes with 6 GB of RAM coupled with 64 GB of onboard storage. Do note that the storage here is expandable up to 512 GB.
As for the optics, the device comes with a Quad-rear camera setup. The primary sensor here is a 64 MP unit with f/1.89 aperture with 26mm focal length and 0.8um pixel size. The secondary sensor is a 13 MP F/2.2 ultrawide-angle sensor with a 14mm focal length and 1.12um pixel size. The other two sensors are useless and not worth discussing. But to mention, the third sensor is a 2 MP macro camera and the fourth sensor is the useless 2 MP depth sensor. On the front, there is a 20 MP sensor with an F/2.2 aperture.
The device runs Android 10 out of the box with MIUI 12 skin on top. MIUI 12 is a feature-rich skin with a plethora of features and is a UI that has good after-sale update support. The fingerprint sensor is side-mounted and the device comes in three colors including Shadow Gray, and Cobalt Blue. All this is backed by a whopping 6000 mAh battery that supports 33W fast charging. With the specifications out of the way, let us now discuss How to Root Poco X3 and Unlock Bootloader Easily.
How to Root Poco X3 and Unlock Bootloader
Root Poco X3 and Unlock Bootloader — Rooting might sound very easy to perform, but these days, smartphones are getting more and more secure which essentially means, it just does not only take one application to root in completely, like the olden days. These days, unlocking the bootloader is a mandatory thing to do when it comes to rooting your device. Without bootloader unlock, there is no way that you can root your device, regardless of the OEM. The whole point here is rooting not only voids the warranty, reduce the security of your device, but it also is a take consuming process.
But then again, rooting is fun. Once you unlock the bootloader and root your device you can use various audio, camera mods which is bump up your device’s performance to a whole new level. Now, with that said, let us dive into the process of Root Poco X3 and Unlock Bootloader, shall we?
What is Bootloader?
Basically, the Android device is like a hard drive that has quite a lot of partitions, which grasps the Android system file in one and all the app data in an additional. And for all these partitions, Bootloader serves as a security verge that is responsible for examination and initializing the hardware and starting software. Do note that the warranty will be void if unlocked.
You can perform many activities once your bootloader is unlocked. You can root your device and install TWRP recovery if it is available for your device. By this time, you might have already understood that bootloaders usually come locked out of the box. If you are a Pro Android user and are intending to install or flash any custom ROM or Mod for that matter, you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device. With that said, let us now discuss How to Unlock Bootloader of Poco X3.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Poco X3
- The first and the foremost step of unlocking the bootloader on any of your Android devices should be — Taking a Full Backup of your Device. The reason is that unlocking the bootloader results in a factory reset of your device, which essentially means, all your data will be deleted.
- Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now, on your device open Settings. Now navigate to About Phone. Scroll down and you will get to see Build Number. Tap on the Build Number 7 times and you will be able to see a pop-up which says, “You are now a developer“
- Now, come back to the main Settings page again, and choose Mi Account
- Once you open Mi Account, choose Mi Cloud, and from here Enable Sync and Find Device. It is also recommended to sync all the apps first. Also apply for Mi Unlock Permission,
- Go back to the main menu of Settings and go to System and choose Developer Options
- In the developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging options.
- Download Mi Unlock Tool on your computer and log in with the same credentials and mobile number.
- Once logged in, connect your device in the fastboot mode. To do so, turn off your device first and press and hold volume down + power key to enter Mi Fastboot Mode.
- Now, your device will be detected by the app on your computer.
- Choose to Unlock now, and wait for 10-15 seconds. You will have to wait for 72 hours to unlock your device now.
- After 72 hours, perform the same steps and you can unlock your device now. That is how you can Root Poco X3 and Unlock Bootloader
How to Root Poco X3 (Step-by-Step Process)
- Download and extract Poco X3’s boot image or firmware on your computer.
- Once downloaded, enter the Downloads folder on your device, open the firmware by extracting it and rename to boot image to patched_boot.img
- Connect your device to the computer again and enter the bootloader.
- Now, open ADB Folder and type fastboot flash boot boot.img
- And once done, you can restart your device and download Magisk Manager. You have now successfully done with the process of Root Poco X3 and Unlock Bootloader.
Now, this is how you can Root Poco X3 and Unlock Bootloader. If this guide helped you to root Poco X3 and Unlock Bootloader, do consider sharing this guide with your friends and family who use Poco X3. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us.