Disable Open Widgets on Mouse Hover in Windows 11: Do you ever get annoyed with how open widgets stay on your screen when you move your mouse over them? Well, there’s a setting in Windows 11 that lets you disable this behavior. Here’s how to do it.
What are Open Widgets in Windows 11?
Open Widgets in Windows 11 are essentially just small programs that you can install and run on your computer. These little programs can do a variety of things, like display the weather, check your email, or even play a game. While they can be useful, some people find them annoying, especially if they’re constantly popping up when you move your mouse over them. If you’re one of those people, you can disable Open Widgets on Mouse Hover in Windows 11 by following the steps below.
How to disable Open Widgets on Mouse Hover in Windows 11
There are two ways to disable Open Widgets on Mouse Hover in Windows 11. The first is by using the Registry Editor, and the second is by using a Group Policy Object (GPO).
1. Disable Open Widgets on Mouse Hover in Windows 11 using the Registry Editor
To disable Open Widgets on Mouse Hover in Windows 11 using the Registry Editor, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
3. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics
4. In the right pane of the Registry Editor, double-click on WindowArrangementActive, change its value from 1 to 0, and click OK.
5. Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
2. Disable Open Widgets on Mouse Hover in Windows 11 using a Group Policy Object (GPO)
Above Method Not working?
No Issues, you can follow the simple steps given below and We are 100% sure that you will be able to Disable Open Widgets on Mouse Hover in Windows 11
Editors Choice ✅
- First of all press Windows + W keys Together. ( This will Open Widgets Board on your Windows 11)
- Now Click on Profile window option available on Top Right.
- Now turn off and Disable all the Three Settings Given Below:
Open Widgets board on hover over
Show notification badges
How to disable Widgets on hover on Windows 11
If you would like to disable the widgets that open when you hover your mouse over the desktop in Windows 11, there are a few steps you can take. First, open the Start menu and type “mouse” into the search box. Next, click on the “Mouse” settings option that appears.
In the Mouse settings window, find the section labeled “Related Settings.” Under this heading, click on the “Additional mouse options” link.
In the Mouse Properties window that opens, go to the “Pointer Options” tab. Near the bottom of this tab, there is a checkbox labeled “Enable pointer precision.” Clear this checkbox and then click on the “OK” button to save your changes.
Now, widgets will no longer open when you hover your mouse over them on the desktop. If you ever want to re-enable this feature, simply follow these same steps and check the “Enable pointer precision” checkbox again.
The benefits of disabling Open Widgets on Mouse Hover
Open widgets are a great way to see what’s going on with your computer at a glance, but they can be a little distracting if you’re trying to focus on something else. One way to reduce the distractions caused by open widgets is to disable them on mouse hover.
When you disable open widgets on mouse hover, they will only appear when you explicitly click on them. This means that they won’t be constantly in your face, vying for your attention. As a result, you’ll be able to focus better on the task at hand. Additionally, disabling open widgets on mouse hover can help improve your computer’s performance because it takes less processing power to render them.
If you’re interested in disabling open widgets on mouse hover, there are a few different ways you can go about it. One option is to use a third-party utility like WidgetLocker. Another option is to modify the Windows Registry yourself; however, this should only be done if you’re comfortable working with the Registry Editor.
Once you’ve decided how you want to disable open widgets on mouse hover, follow the instructions below. With just a few clicks (or keystrokes), you’ll be well on your way to fewer distractions and a better computing experience overall.
How to re-enable Open Widgets on Mouse Hover in Windows 11
1. Right-click on the desktop and select “Personalize” from the menu that appears.
2. In the left pane of the Personalization window, click on “Change Desktop Icons.”
3. Uncheck the box next to “Allow themes to change desktop icons.” This will disable the hover effect for all widgets on the desktop.
4. Click “OK” to save your changes and close the window.
How do I keep Widgets from opening in Windows 11?
One of the more annoying features in Windows 8 was the way that widgets would automatically open when you hovered your mouse over them. Thankfully, Microsoft released a patch to disable this feature in Windows 8.1. However, it seems that they have re-enabled it in Windows 10.
If you find this behavior annoying, there is a way to disable it. Simply open the Registry Editor and navigate to the following key:
Next, create a new DWORD value named EnableAutoToggle and set its value to 0. Once you’ve done that, restart your computer and the widget will no longer open on mouse hover.
How do I stop Windows from opening Widgets?
If you’re tired of widgets opening up every time you accidentally hover your mouse over them, there’s a simple setting in Windows that will disable this behavior. Just follow these steps:
1. Open the Start menu and search for “mouse.”
2. Click on the “Change your mouse settings” option that appears.
3. In the Mouse Settings window, click on the “Additional mouse options” link.
4. In the next window, go to the “Pointer Options” tab.
5. Under the “Visibility” section, uncheck the box next to “Show pointer trails.”
6. Click “OK” to save your changes and close out of all the windows.
Now widgets will only open when you explicitly click on them, rather than simply hovering your mouse over them.
How do I turn off the hover feature in Windows 11?
If you find the mouse hover feature in Windows 11 to be annoying, you can easily disable it. Just follow these steps:
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Click on Hardware and Sound.
3. Under Devices and Printers, click on Mouse.
4. In the Mouse Properties window, go to the Pointer Options tab.
5. Uncheck the box next to Enable pointer precision.
6. Click OK to save your changes and exit the Mouse Properties window
Disable opening of Widgets board on hover over in Windows 11
When you hover over the desktop in Windows 11, the Widgets board opens automatically. This can be annoying if you don’t use widgets or just want to keep your desktop clean. Fortunately, there’s a way to disable this behavior.
To disable the Widgets board from opening on hover, open the Settings app and go to Personalization > Start. Then, scroll down and toggle off the option for “Show app list in Start menu.” This will prevent the Widgets board from appearing when you hover over the desktop.
- Download Windows 10 ISO Files (Direct Download Links)
- Download Windows 11 22H2 ISO Build 22621 (Direct Links)
- How to Fix WiFi keeps Disconnecting on Windows 10
We hope that this guide on how to disable open widgets on mouse hover in Windows 11 has been helpful. If you have any questions or if there’s anything we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments section below.