Upgrade Android 11 to Android 12
Android 12 is almost here and users are already curious as to what all goodies this latest Android Sweet treat will be bringing. From all features that are confirmed and rumored, I bet you too want to get a taste of Android 12. So here is a detailed guide on How to Update Android 11 to Android 12?
Since Android 11 devices will be the first ones after Pixel Series to get an Android 12 update, we thought of giving you a lucid guide to upgrading to Android 12 from Android 11. You can check the below What’s New section to know more about Android 12 features.
If you have a Samsung device, then you might want to check – Samsung Android 12 Supported Devices.
What’s New in Android 12?
Here are some of the features of Android 12 confirmed so far –
- Nearby WiFi Sharing– Unlike Android 11’s Nearby WIFI Sharing where users had to scan QR Code in order to access Wi-Fi, Android 12 has brought a much easier option. All one has to do is tap on the ‘Nearby’ option on the screen below the QR Code and you will get Wi-Fi access.
- New Attractive Look – With Android 12, get ready to get an all-new interface with translucent background and revamped icons. The lock screen too now comprises new clocks and widgets.
- Improved Gesture Control – One of the best components of Android 11 goodies is Improved Gesture Control. However, one little drawback of that feature was that when users would use any app in full-screen mode, they had to swipe twice for the basic navigation gestures. But that issue now seems to have been solved with Android 12.
- AVIF Image Support – The days of JPEG are behind us now. The latest AVIF image format is all one would need today. You can get a better and more improved image quality than JPEG and that too without enlarging the file size.
- Haptic-Coupled Audio Effect – This Android 12 feature will allow developers to use the haptic feedback on your phone to accompany the audio pattern. This can help streaming apps improve the users viewing experience.
- Face-based Auto Rotate – Since the time the first Android 12 Developer Preview was released, the feature of face-based auto-rotate was rumored to be included as Pixel exclusive feature.
- Notification Improvements – Android 12 had brought along new revamped functionality and user experience. There have been a few modifications in the drawer and controls.
- Conversation Widget – Although this feature has not yet made available on Pixel Launcher, it is packed with Android 12. This widget works with only Google apps as of now. But since it is seen in the DP, it can make its way into the official Android 12 build.
- New Widget Organization – The latest widget organization will allow users to see more widget categories at once when you add a widget to the home screen.
- Revamped Settings Page – There is a little modification in the Settings page where a small search bar has rounded corners. There are few changes in the look of toggles as well.
How to Update Android 11 to Android 12?
Given below is a detailed guide on how to update Android 11 to Android 12 –
Download Android 12 for Android 11 Devices
|Android Version Name||Snow Cone|
|Android Version||Android 12|
Do not miss out – Update Android 8.0 Oreo to Latest Android 9.0 P
Install Android 12 on Android 11 device
- Make sure to have at least 60% battery power on your device. Or else the process will be interrupted in between and you might have to start from the beginning.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data, just as a precaution.
- Check that your device has at least 4GB of free space for the update to accommodate well.
Hoping that you have followed all the above requirements, you can now proceed further to
- First of all, Go to Settings on your device. The enable USB Debugging.
- For this, you can go to Settings>About Phone> Tap on Build Number for 7-8 times> Go back to Settings main page. Here You will get a new option ( Developers Option ) Tap on it and then enable USB Debugging.
- Go to device Settings > System Update.
- Check for System Updates.
- When the Android 12 update is available, tap on it to download and install.
- Lastly, your device will automatically reboot the OS. But it does not, reboot automatically you can restart it.
Also Read: Download Android 12 For All Smartphones
Manually Install Android 12 on Android 11 Devices
The Method Mentioned above Was to Update your Smartphone from android 11 to android 12, in the method below.
There is Plenty of android 12 Launchers in the play store which you can simply use to make your android phone Look like the Latest android 12.
We are mentioning the best android 12 launchers which you can install on any android phone without any issue.
- First of all Open Play Store on your Android Device
- Now in the search bar search for Android 12 Launcher
- You will Get Plenty of Android 12 Launchers on your Screen
- Here you can choose the best one according to you.
- Below We have mentioned some of the Screenshots of the android 12 Launcher for your Device.
You now have Android 12 on your Android 11 device. In case you are stuck at any of the above steps, feel free to let us know in the comments below. We will get back to you.
That is it. You have successfully downloaded and installed the latest Android 12 Update on your Android 11 device.
- Update Android 11 to Android 12
- List of Xiaomi Smartphones Getting Android 12
- Android 12 Supported Devices
I hope that the above guide on How to Update Android 11 to Android 12 was useful to you and you could easily update your device to Android 12. Do let us know in the comments what you think of the latest Android 12 features! We will be glad to hear from you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can i Install Android 12 on my Android 11 Phone
Yes you can Easily Install Android 12 in your Android 11 Phone, However not evey device might be supported. Still You can Several android 12 Launchers which will give your Device different look.
Download Android 12 for Android 11 Smartphones
Yes you can Definetly Download Android 12 for android 11 Smartphones, But for that you have to visit the offiical Site of your Smartphone manufacturer and check if there is a Update available or not. You can also check android update by Going to settings> check for Update
How to Flash Android 12 on Android 11 Mobile
If you want to Flash Android 12 on your Android 11 Device you can easily do that by Downloading a custom rom for your device and then using it.